1) Follow the user manual of AirTurn to couple the BT-105/106 with the iPad
2) Open "Settings" in SongBook+ (button with gear wheel)
3) Select "Foot pedal settings" on the upper right side
4) Select "Keyboard simulating foot pedal"
5) Switch "Use keyboard adapter" on
6) Select below which key should execute what action
When pressing a foot pedal, the AirTurn is sending different keys depending on the configured profile.
After following the steps 1) - 5) SongBook+ can display which keys the AirTurn is sending when you press a foot pedal.
To do that, press the buttonwith the arrow in the toolbar of the main list and select the option "Open MIDI / Bluetooth monitor". Then press the foot pedals and see which keys SongBook+ is receiving from AirTurn. Use this keys to configure the desired actions in step 6).
Important update in June 2019 (new MIDI Mode):
Many pedals of AirTurn now also have a new MIDI mode (mode 7). Some older pedals can also get this new mode with a firmware update.
This mode is very recommended, because the other supported modes that simulate a keyboard have side effects to the function of the virtual onscreen keyboard of the iPad.
You can configure this mode 7 and install a firmware update (if needed) with the app "AirTurn Manager". See here for more information: https://www.airturn.com/support/midi/airturn-manager-setup-for-midi.
With the default settings of mode 7, the left pedal sends a ControlChange 64 with value 127 and the right pedal a ControlChange 66 with value 127 (both on MIDI channel 1).
The pedal can then be connected from SongBook+ with on the button "...", then "Bluetooth MIDI LE", then "Bluetooth LE MIDI devices".
In the MIDI foot pedal settings of SongBook+, in submenu "Freely configurable ControlChange" you can configure e.g. the following:
- if controller 64 changes to 127, execute this action: Jump to previous page.
- if controller 66 changes to 127, execute this action: Jump to next page.