The AirTurn PED and BT-200 foot pedals can be used with SongBook+.
But it cannot be used in the "PED-APP-Direct" mode (also named as "AirDirect" mode). SongBook doesn't support this mode yet.
All other modes that simulate an extrenal bluetooth keyboard can be used.
Here you find the needed settings to use the AirTurn PED with SongBook+:
1) Follow the user manualk of AirTurn to couple the AirTurn PED by Bluetooth with the iPad
2) Open the settings in SongBook+ (button with a gear wheel)
3) Select "Foot pedal settings" on the upper right side
4) Select "Keyboard simulating foot pedal"
5) Switch "Use keyboard adapter" on
6) Select below which key should execute what action
When pressing a foot pedal, the AirTurn is sending different keys depending on the configured mode.
After following the steps 1) - 5) SongBook+ can display which keys the AirTurn is sending when you press a foot pedal.
To do that, press the button "..." in the toolbar of the main list and select the option "Open MIDI / Bluetooth monitor". Then press the foot pedals and see which keys SongBook+ is receiving from AirTurn. Use this keys to configure the desired actions in step 6).
Important update October 2018 (new MIDI Mode):
The pedals AirTurn PED and AirTurn PEDpro now have a new MIDI mode (mode 7).
This mode is very recommended, because the other supported modes that simulate a keyboard have side effects to the function of the virtual onscreen keyboard of the iPad.
You can configure this mode 7 and install a firmware update (if needed) with the app "AirTurn Manager". See here for more information: https://www.airturn.com/support/midi/airturn-manager-setup-for-midi.
With the default settings of mode 7, the left pedal sends a ControlChange 64 with value 127 and the right pedal a ControlChange 66 with value 127 (both on MIDI channel 1).
The pedal can then be connected from SongBook+ with on the button "...", then "Bluetooth MIDI LE", then "Bluetooth LE MIDI devices".
In the MIDI foot pedal settings of SongBook+, in submenu "Freely configurable ControlChange" you can configure e.g. the following:
- if controller 64 changes to 127, execute this action: Jump to previous page.
- if controller 66 changes to 127, execute this action: Jump to next page.