Here you find the needed settings to use the PageFlip Cicada with SongBook+:
1) Follow the user manual of PageFlip to couple the Cicada with the iPad
2) Open "Settings" in SongBook+ (button with gear wheel)
3) Select "Foot pedal settings" on the upper right side
4) Select "Keyboard simulating foot pedal"
5) Switch "Use keyboard adapter" on
6) Select below which key should execute what action
When pressing a foot pedal, the PageFlip Cicada is sending different keys depending on the configured profile.
Best practice is to select the mode which sends "up" and "down" keys.
On the DragonFly with four buttons select the mode that sends "up", "down", "left", "right" keys.
After following the steps 1) - 5) SongBook+ can display which keys the Cicada is sending when you press a foot pedal.
To do that, press the buttonwith the arrow in the toolbar of the main list and select the option "Open MIDI / Bluetooth monitor". Then press the foot pedals and see which keys SongBook+ is receiving from Cicada. Use this keys to configure the desired actions in step 6).