It is already known how to remote select a song in SongBook+ from Yamaha Tyros (or Genos) or vice versa.
But how can we afterwards start the song on keyboard in order that the text scrolling in SongBook+ is also started automatically?
Here is a short description how to do it:
- Activate transmitting of "MIDI-Clock" in the keyboard (Transmit Clock):
Picture of settings in Yamaha Tyros:
Picture of Settings in Yamaha Genos:
- In the settings of SongBook+ configure the following:
- Settings -> MIDI -> "Send MIDI-Start" -> OFF
- Settings -> MIDI -> "Send MIDI-Stop" -> OFF
- Settings -> Foot pedal --> MIDI foot pedal -> Use MIDI foot pedal -> ON
- Settings -> Foot pedal --> MIDI foot pedal -> Action on MIDI start -> select "Start"
- Settings -> Foot pedal --> MIDI foot pedal -> Action on MIDI stop -> select "Stop"
Important information when replaying midi file on keyboard together with imported midi files lyrics on SongBook+:
The keyboard has a "QuickStart" feature for midi files, that skips the non-audio part at the begin of a midi file and immediateley starts with the first hearable music note. This causes that the music in the keyboard is always a bit ahead of the text in SongBook+.
One solution to solve this is to disable the QuickStart feature in the keyboard.
The other solution is to also move the starting point of the song in SongBook+. To do that, press the button "..." in toolbar when the song is open and then select "Move starting point". You can then manually move the starting point or press the helper button "Set starting point to first sound in Midi file (QuickStart)". (In the mean time there also exists a setting in SongBook+ to set the starting point automatically to that point during lyrics import from midi file. See section "Import lyrics and chords" in the settings.)
When SongBook+ is only used to display the imported lyrics while the keyboard is replaying the midi file, please disable the midi file player of SongBook+ in the settings of SongBook+ in section "Media player" with the switch "Playback of MIDI files (MIDI out) enabled" set to OFF.